Kicking off Fall with the Origins of the PSLSeptember 4, 2018
Turmeric Tea: The Calming ElixirSeptember 18, 2018
Treat Tuesdays will feature healthy treats every Tuesday this September.
Paleo treats don’t require as much sugar as your typical dessert and tend to be lower in carbs. Chewy, thick paleo chocolate chunk cookies made with both coconut and almond flour. These low carb cookies are a dream come true. Gluten, grain and dairy free!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 oz 80% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped*
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add in beaten egg, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. (Please make sure your coconut oil is cool!) Next add in almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda, mixing well to combine and form a dough. Fold in dark chocolate chunks. You may need to use your hands to moisten the dough so that it sticks together well.
- Use a cookie scoop or large tablespoon to drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough with your hand. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling. Makes 12 cookies.